Hey Marufans! I’m scrambling to take the ENTIRE month of April off for a little R&R with my wife. But, until that time comes, I’m working hard to make sure your figures are ready for posing again! This time I bring you a fun little job. Imports are really the hardest part of my service. Their joints are small and once they break… that’s that. I have yet to find an adhesive that will securely attach to the pvc like plastic used in the joints. However, I will always find another means to repair a figure. This time I actually lucked out… sort of. Not too long ago I noticed ebay had big lots of Figma and Revoltech joints for sale at a decent price. I didn’t know what I’d be getting in the lots, but I took the gamble. I received a ton of different joints, but most are in funky colors like blue or even hot pink. However they brought to another level of experimentation. You can see in this post that my client’s Sailor Mercury broke at a very small hip joint. I opened her up and saw the issue immediately. You can see that the hips are two independent joints that move up and down attached in the center via a peg. Well, the peg was broke as well, so I got to work. I used a figma shoulder joint that I cut in half and then dremeled it like crazy to best replicate the peg that was not broken. Afterwards I drilled a shallow hole in the inside of the behind torso. I inserted a screw and attached the pegs. Ka-boom. Fixed. Have a great one and stay tuned for some more updates as jobs are still creeping in.
S.H. Figuarts Sailor Mercury Hip Repair